- A North American plant of the lily family, with a rosette of leaves and a spike of small goblet-shaped white flowers, formerly used in the treatment of colic.
More example sentences
- Aletris farinosa, family Liliaceae
- Another name for colic root is true unicorn root which shows its value in the treatment of digestive colic.
- Many prairie remnants are vulnerable to common right-of-way maintenance activities such as mowing, herbiciding, and bulldozing. Among them are big bluestem, flowering spurge, rosinweed, field milkwort, colic root, three-awned grass, short-fruited rush, Clinton's bulrush.
More definitions of colic rootDefinition of colic root in:
- The US English dictionary