- An old star that has collapsed under its own gravity to form a white dwarf, neutron star, or black hole.More example sentences
- Two papers scheduled for an upcoming Astrophysical Journal Letters appear to support the collapsar model.
- Still, the collapsar is an extremely attractive model that fits a wide range of observed gamma-ray bursts.
- Pruet and his colleagues are also investigating whether collapsars might be the sources of other elements as well.
late 20th century: from collapse, on the pattern of words such as pulsar.
More definitions of collapsarDefinition of collapsar in:
- The US English dictionary