(also collards or collard greens)
noun• dialect or North American
- A cabbage of a variety that does not develop a heart.More example sentences
- Broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, radishes, carrots, collards, garlic, kale, lettuce, mustard, swiss chard, spinach and turnips are all ‘frost tolerant’ crops.
- Start cool-season veggies like cabbage, collards, carrots and cauliflower in July for a fantastic fall harvest.
- In many regions it is an agricultural pest on domesticated varieties of Brassica oleracea, including cabbage, broccoli and collards.
More definitions of collardDefinition of collard in:
- The US English dictionary