A lizard with a distinctive black-and-white collar, found in dry rocky areas in the southern US and Mexico.
- Crotaphytus collaris, family Iguanidae
More example sentences
- We measured the asymmetry of five mensural and seven meristic characters of 175 collared lizards from north-central Oklahoma.
- These hot and dry rocky slopes support scorpions, tarantulas, collared lizards, pygmy rattlesnakes, roadrunners, and prickly pear cacti.
- Though Joshua Tree may look devoid of wildlife, even a short walk out in the desert will quickly reveal a myriad of freshly dug holes, where pocket mice, collared lizards, rabbits, or desert tortoises have burrowed.
Definition of collared lizard in:
- The US English dictionary