- A jointly operated amalgamation of several smallholdings, especially one owned by the state.More example sentences
- Each year woman, children and even competing small farmers are forced to harvest the crop on big collective farms.
- Although enterprise privatization reform had some effect on the performance of state and collective farms, independent farmers were influenced by the progress of land reform.
- Ivan Denisovich's thoughts lie in his hometown of Temnenovo, where he learns from his wife's letters that the men of the village are abandoning the kolkhoz, or collective farms.
More definitions of collective farmDefinition of collective farm in:
- The US English dictionary