- The memory of a group of people, passed from one generation to the next.More example sentences
- The generation of men and women who sacrificed so much for our freedom is dwindling with each year that passes, and our collective memory is fading too.
- And this, which I have had to learn and be taught is what so many thousands of craftsmen all over the country have in their blood, passed on through the collective memories and imaginations of generations.
- For a culture that was based on oral tradition and collective memory, the problem for the historian is always going to be one of access.
More definitions of collective memoryDefinition of collective memory in:
- The US English dictionary