- Relating to the binding together of molecules: the colligative properties of dilute solutionsMore example sentences
- Any solute will affect the colligative properties of a solution.
- Their antifreeze effect is due to their colligative (water-binding) properties and is thus directly related to their concentration.
- Although no measurements of osmotic coefficients of proteins in a muscle cell have been made to date to corroborate this assumption, a variety of other motional and colligative properties of muscle solutes have been investigated.
More definitions of colligativeDefinition of colligative in:
- The US English dictionary