(also colobus monkey)
noun (plural same)
- A slender leaf-eating African monkey with silky fur, a long tail, and very small or absent thumbs.
More example sentences
- Genera Colobus and Procolobus, family Cercopithecidae: several species
- Animals include duikers, eland and colobus, vervet and blue monkeys.
- There are also thousands of fossils of animals, such as colobus monkeys, pigs, birds, rodents, and even carnivores like hyenas and big cats.
- At least one species of monkey, the red colobus, was hunted to extinction, in part because logging roads gave hunters greater access to their previously unreachable habitat.
modern Latin, from Greek kolobos 'cut short'.
More definitions of colobusDefinition of colobus in:
- The US English dictionary