Definition of colorimeter in English:
An instrument for measuring the intensity of colour.
- Professionals use a device called a colorimeter to measure the actual computer display and create a profile that is then used to reproduce colors faithfully.
- They also used a colorimeter to measure the amount of white bloom that developed on the chocolate samples, enabling them to link changes in polymorphic form to the onset of visual bloom.
- At set time points, absorbance measurements were taken with a colorimeter.
- Example sentences
- Based on this observation, we used a colorimetric approach to determine the relative concentration of this water-soluble brown substance.
- Ammonium and nitrate concentrations were determined by colorimetric methods using a continuous-flow autoanalyser.
- The challenge is to develop a colorimetric test that measures the amount of albumin in an aqueous solution of powdered egg whites as accurately and precisely as possible.
- Example sentences
- Wilhelm et al. compared visual scoring, colorimetry and high-resolution laser Doppler imaging and found that there was no increase in sensitivity using these objective methods compared with visual scoring.
- We are currently extending the present study using colorimetry to test whether the results also apply to the ultraviolet spectrum.
- Researchers familiar with spectrometry and colorimetry will know this, but there might be many readers that dogmatically reject any animal color study without reflectance.
Pronunciation: /ˌkʌlərɪˈmɛtrɪk/ /ˌkɒlərɪˈmɛtrɪk/adjective
Pronunciation: /ˌkʌləˈrɪmətri/ /ˌkɒləˈrɪmətri/noun
Definition of colorimeter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan