Definition of colour separation in English:
noun[mass noun] Photography & Printing
1The production of separate negative images of the same subject taken through green, red, and blue filters, which are combined to reproduce the full colour of the original.
- In advertising, animation plays a major role in graphics design and illustrations, while publishing houses rely on it for page layout and colour separation.
- Alas, what we get is a full-frame, middle-grade transfer with decent color separation but weak depth, and some truly annoying edge enhancement.
- The color separation fluctuates almost from one frame to the next - characters and backgrounds change hues willy-nilly, like a psychedelic nightmare.
1.1 [count noun] An image produced by colour separation.
- He uses the computer to create color separations and facilitate his experiments with scale.
- I had found two different design magazines that used enlarged color separations of the Mona Lisa for an illustration.
- The photography is excellent, the color separations are consistently accurate, and the localities showcased are arguably the most famous in the world.
Definition of colour separation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan