noun (plural colugos)
- another term for flying lemur.More example sentences
- Bats are thought to be related most closely to the Dermoptera, a small order of mammals (two species) which includes the colugos or ‘flying lemurs’ of the Phillippines.
- However, the many lineages of gliding animals today, including a host of lizards, squirrels, marsupials, and colugos show no signs of turning into flappers anytime soon.
- This superorder comprises primates, colugos, bats, and tree shrews.
late 18th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of colugoDefinition of colugo in:
- The US English dictionary