noun (plural same or combfishes)
- A fish of the NE Pacific, with small rough scales and long spines in the comb-like dorsal fin.
More example sentences
- Family Zaniolepididae and genus Zaniolepis: several species
- Dozens of demoiselles hovered, waiting for the combfish to remove their parasites while the goatfish below seemed oblivious to the free grooming services available.
- Yellowtail, seapike, silver sweep, pomfret, nannygais, bullseyes, dozens of moon wrasse, blue gropers and combfish follow you on your dive as you swim around this amazing site.
- An abundance of jewellery made of fine seeds and shells, pandanus weavings, painted turtle shells and combfish bones also fill the gallery.
More definitions of combfishDefinition of combfish in:
- The US English dictionary