- Long-stapled wool with straight, parallel fibres, suitable for combing and making into high-quality fabrics, in particular worsted. Compare with carding wool.More example sentences
- Complementing its full carding wool range, it is able to offer scoured combing wools to meet the most discerning wool top maker's requirements.
- Light burr in combing wools can be removed by mechanical action.
- Bedford, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, and Norfolk has been accounted the longest and finest combing wool.
More definitions of combing woolDefinition of combing wool in:
- The US English dictionary