nounUS , chiefly • historical
- A person who dissociates themselves from an organization: many of these come-outers went on to ignite independent sectsMore example sentences
- Significantly, the come-outers and angry theologian/pastors were nowhere to be seen, and no one seems to have missed them!
- In New York his society was composed of free elements altogether, come-outers, reformers, radicals of every description.
- Whether black or white, churchgoing or come-outer, radical or conservative, members found temporary unity in a common cause and the bonds of womanhood.
More definitions of come-outerDefinition of come-outer in:
- The US English dictionary