- Food that provides consolation or a feeling of well-being, typically having a high sugar or carbohydrate content and associated with childhood or home cooking: [count noun]: single people tend to eat more comfort foodsMore example sentences
- A bowl of shiny red apples suggests comfort food and good down-home cooking.
- As the days get shorter and cooler we tend to lust after comfort food - cakes and biscuits made with fragrant spices that taste as good as they smell.
- For today's lunch, I minced a bunch of kale in my food processor and added a tablespoon to my comfort food - tomato soup.
More definitions of comfort foodDefinition of comfort food in:
- The US English dictionary