Definition of comforter in English:
1A person or thing that provides consolation: he is friend, comforter, and guardian a cup of tea was our universal cure-all and comforter
More example sentences
- Many people, it is true, are morbidly fascinated by deadlocks and stand-offs and cling to them as old friends and comforters.
- Credit the heroic firemen, police and rescue workers; praise hospitable friends and comforters.
- It was so hard to comfort the comforter; she already knew all the rules.
1.1British A baby’s dummy.
- Some parents give their babies comforters for sleep time - but remember, if your baby can't find her comforter during the night she'll probably call for you to find it.
3North American A warm quilt.
- That means placing baby on his back on a firm, flat mattress and not adding extra mattresses or any soft bedding, such as pillows, quilts or comforters.
- Find out everything you need to know about choosing the perfect blankets, pillows, bed linens, comforters, and other bedding here now.
- Don't use pillows, comforters, quilts, and other soft or plush items on the bed.
Definition of comforter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.