Definition of comforter in English:
1A person or thing that provides consolation: he is friend, comforter, and guardian a cup of tea was our universal cure-all and comforter
More example sentences
- Many people, it is true, are morbidly fascinated by deadlocks and stand-offs and cling to them as old friends and comforters.
- Credit the heroic firemen, police and rescue workers; praise hospitable friends and comforters.
- It was so hard to comfort the comforter; she already knew all the rules.
3North American A warm quilt.
- That means placing baby on his back on a firm, flat mattress and not adding extra mattresses or any soft bedding, such as pillows, quilts or comforters.
- Find out everything you need to know about choosing the perfect blankets, pillows, bed linens, comforters, and other bedding here now.
- Don't use pillows, comforters, quilts, and other soft or plush items on the bed.
Words that rhyme with comforterbreakfaster • Lancaster
Definition of comforter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan