Amusing, especially in a ludicrous or absurd way: a series of comical misunderstandings
More example sentences
- It made me jump at first, but once I was used to it, I found them strangely comical.
- Both were ridiculously funny in what must be two of the best comical roles ever written.
- And then she made a big comical show of shaking her watch and holding it up to her ear.
funny, comic, humorous, droll, chucklesome, witty, waggish, facetious, light-hearted, jocular, hilarious, hysterically funny;
informal jokey, wacky, side-splitting, rib-tickling, killing, killingly funny, priceless, a scream, a hoot, a laugh
informal, dated a card, a caution
North American informal wacko
British informal rum
noun ( archaic)
- Example sentences
- ‘I have become increasingly convinced that great men have strong elements of comicality in them,’ he remarks.
- Both, far from being impressive, still less frightening, have a kind of burlesque vulgarity, even a comicality about them, which might have been effective in a different context.
- What he dubs the perfection of misunderstanding in his hands becomes both an admirable description of the film's comicality and the basis of narrative structure.
Words that rhyme with comicalagronomical, anatomical, astronomical, economical, gastronomical, physiognomical
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: com|ic¦al
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.