- A source language composed chiefly of a set of commands or operators, used especially for communicating with the operating system of a computer: [mass noun]: the problems of command language and syntax [modifier]: Command Language code [with modifier]: the search command languageMore example sentences
- It is an embeddable, extensible command language for issuing commands to text editors, debuggers, illustrators and shells.
- It supports its own format-free command language described in detail in the Command Summary document.
- You don't want to learn yet another command language or obscure configuration-file format.
More definitions of command languageDefinition of command language in:
- The US English dictionary