Definition of commemorative in English:
Acting as a memorial of an event or person.
- She expects the completed memorial to have a commemorative plaque engraved with the names of the deceased.
- Instead, large commemorative war memorials tried to address the enormity of the loss.
- The 1500 students were joined by war veterans and special commemorative plaque was unveiled.
nounBack to top
An object such as a stamp or coin made to mark an event or honour a person.
- There are two types of postage stamps: definitives and commemoratives.
- All commemoratives, except Christmas stamps, issued between 1898 and 1998 are included in the study.
- Children attending the game receive commemoratives.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan