- Deserving praise: he showed commendable restraintMore example sentences
- Steve Sterling did a commendable job in his first year at the helm on Long Island.
- I think it's very commendable when young people want to live in a village, but they are being discriminated against.
- The other members of the cast do commendable work with far less compelling roles.
- More example sentences
- He was commendably responsive to the galleries.
- The motorway bus services are commendably affordable but they will never be a realistic alternative for professional commuters until we have the motorways to do them justice and shorten journey times.
- While there is little evidence of original research, she has commendably pulled off the tricky task of bringing to life a cast of vivid and disparate personalities and setting them firmly in their period.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin commendabilis, from commendare (see commend).