Definition of commendable in English:
Deserving praise: he showed commendable restraint
More example sentences
- Steve Sterling did a commendable job in his first year at the helm on Long Island.
- I think it's very commendable when young people want to live in a village, but they are being discriminated against.
- The other members of the cast do commendable work with far less compelling roles.
- Example sentences
- He was commendably responsive to the galleries.
- The motorway bus services are commendably affordable but they will never be a realistic alternative for professional commuters until we have the motorways to do them justice and shorten journey times.
- While there is little evidence of original research, she has commendably pulled off the tricky task of bringing to life a cast of vivid and disparate personalities and setting them firmly in their period.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.