nounchiefly North American
- Members of the news media considered as a class: the US commentariat exuded recriminations when American air attacks were called offMore example sentences
- But members of the elite commentariat are presented to the public as if they are mainstream - which of course they are not.
- In the case of mainstream media the debate is largely conducted between members of the commentariat on their terms within the confines of their own agenda.
- Yesterday's white bread speech was cleverly pitched over the heads of the commentariat and the lobby groups, straight into middle class lounge rooms.
More definitions of commentariatDefinition of commentariat in:
- The US English dictionary