nounBritish • dated
- A travelling sales representative.More example sentences
- They were replaced either by commercial travellers representing a single firm, with catalogues and samples, or by local, casual pedlars, who were scarcely distinguishable from vagrants.
- He began writing while working as a commercial traveller.
- My dad, Jack Shepherd, was what we used to call a commercial traveller and he would take me on his rounds when he was meeting customers.
More definitions of commercial travellerDefinition of commercial traveller in:
- The US English dictionary