- 1Emphasis on the maximizing of profit: concern about state enterprise deficits prompted efforts for greater commercialismMore example sentences
- The second approach is to consider film making primarily as an act of commercialism, to produce stories that will grab the imagination of the audience, or to make films that will shock or intrigue.
- It was limited in its size, and the size of the arena is the key to its profitability and commercialism.
- There was a conscious effort to keep out commercialism and protect the surrounding land of the village.
- 1.1 • derogatory Concern with the making of profit at the expense of artistic or other value: the cut-throat commercialism of the Paris art worldMore example sentences
- In the raging commercialism of professional sport, morality hasn't had much of a look-in.
- Politics, commercialism, and tourism continue to encroach on the monument.
- Personally, I'm happy to avoid the gross commercialism of this Western holiday.
More definitions of commercialismDefinition of commercialism in:
- The US English dictionary