- 1Pledged or bound to a certain course or policy; dedicated: a committed environmentalistMore example sentences
- We are lucky to have some dedicated and committed personnel within our ranks and these are people who give of their time voluntarily and without the input of these people our club would be all the poorer.
- After months of dedicated practice by a committed cast the end result was a superb performance by one and all.
- And its only when you talk to people who have a relative who has used the hospice service that you get an idea of the dedicated and committed work that they do.
- 2In or denoting a long-term emotional relationship: a committed relationship Esther has a committed boyfriendMore example sentences
- Moreover, large, one-off payments for single books do not immediately conjure up the image of an ongoing, committed publishing relationship.
- A lesbian minister in Pennsylvania was defrocked for having been honest about her committed relationship.
- I am in a long-term, committed relationship with my partner of seven years.