Definition of commix in English:
verb[with object] archaic
Mix; mingle: beat them till they be thoroughly commixed
More example sentences
- When the pretty girl looked up and saw him standing there, an odd expression of desire commixed with annoyance and anger flitted across her face.
- Theories of mental diseases commixed with philosophy and religious beliefs.
- They found that gold was more abundant in Africa however it was commixed with soil and rocks and had to be separated.
- Example sentences
- We meet the commixture of materials and things in our excavation whose object is, among other things, to reorder, to abolish the disorder of collapse and dilapidation, to find significance and signification in the apparent chaos.
- The commixture of peat extract and adhesive was tested for adhesion at room temperature.
- But, though these commixtures be frequent, and sometimes prolific, no intermediate species has been formed between the goat and sheep.
Late Middle English (as the past participle commixt): from Latin commixtus, from com- 'together with' + mixtus 'mixed'.
Words that rhyme with commixadmix, affix, fix, Hicks, intermix, MI6, mix, nix, Nyx, pix, Pnyx, prix fixe, pyx, Ricks, six, Styx, transfix, Wicks
Definition of commix in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.