Definition of commodify in English:
verb (commodifies, commodifying, commodified)[with object]
Turn into or treat as a mere commodity: (as adjective commodified) art has become commodified
More example sentences
- He believes that the they are conspiring and commodifying art.
- Any effort to aestheticize or commodify art is an attempt at censorship.
- Her goal is also to create playful, original art that cannot be commodified.
- Example sentences
- He's always been an active liberal, and his art challenges both easy commodification and conservative notions of authority.
- If we allow the commodification of the world's freshwater supplies, we will lose the capacity to avert the looming water crisis.
- How will doctors react to the commodification of their services?
Words that rhyme with commodifymodify
Definition of commodify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan