Definition of common currency in English:
1A system of money shared by two or more countries.
- I should be happy to see a common currency.
- You have to make them all match up to a common currency.
- The first time the British specifically approached the question of joining a common currency was in 1979.
2Something shared by different groups: a shared humanity is the common currency
More example sentences
- At the hub is the hairdresser, doing what they love, surrounded by their friends in a world where compliments are common currency.
- Images of all imaginable sorts are the common currency of the internet-connected business place.
- Given the limitations of all terminologies in common currency there is a difficulty about how best to proceed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.