Definition of common denominator in English:
1A common multiple of the denominators of several fractions. See also lowest common denominator, least common denominator.
- Others would rewrite the fractions using common denominators.
- In particular he sees the reduction of fractions to a common denominator as hard.
- In order to add these fractions, we need to find the common denominator.
1.1A feature shared by all members of a group: the common denominator in these companies is the awareness of the importance of quality
More example sentences
- The only common denominator between its members is that they are the most industrially developed countries in the world.
- Little did you know, each of those three experiences shares a common denominator.
- The one thing they wanted me to figure out was what was the common denominator with all my readers.
Definition of common denominator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan