- A migratory gull with greenish-grey legs, found locally in northern and eastern Eurasia and NW North America.
More example sentences
- Larus canus, family Laridae
- Scotland has seen significant rises in populations of gannets, common gulls and puffins, but other species, such as the arctic tern, are in steep decline.
- When we arrived at the island, we were greeted by a flock of Tree Swallow, the usual assortment of common gulls, and a few Killdeer.
- Other than that, it was just common gulls, ducks, and geese.