- another term for brown rat.More example sentences
- Rats need to drink frequently, and so when a colony of up to 25 common rats set up home in my neighbour's stables, they chose a spot with the nearest accessible water - a butt in a secluded corner of my garden.
- The Malagasy giant jumping rat, for instance, is at least three times the size of our common rat.
- The common rat can be found anywhere that offers food and shelter, which can also include drains and sewers.
More definitions of common ratDefinition of common rat in:
- The US English dictionary