noun(the commonweal) • archaic
- The welfare of the public: the Church’s importance to the country’s commonwealMore example sentences
- Its holders see no beauty in the Universe, only scheming business people fleecing the commonweal.
- No longer - now it's the market, not the commonweal, that calls the shots.
- Certainly, I can agree with the sentiment that quality literature is often outside the grasp of the commonweal.
More definitions of commonwealDefinition of commonweal in:
- The US English dictionary