(also communication satellite)
- A satellite placed in orbit round the earth in order to relay television, radio, and telephone signals.More example sentences
- It is expected to disrupt the communications satellites and high frequency radios.
- China re-entered space yesterday evening, sending a communication satellite into orbit.
- In July of that year it achieved this through the Apollo Program, going on to a number of unmanned space flights and to placing spy satellites, together with weather and communications satellites, into the earth's orbit.
More definitions of communications satelliteDefinition of communications satellite in:
- The US English dictionary