- A person who supports or believes in the principles of communism: I was very left-wing but I was never a communistMore example sentences
- The communists, or the radical left, have formed a group under various labels since 1973.
- I am a dedicated socialist and actually consider myself a communist in the true sense.
- He still describes himself as a communist, and still calls for a revolution.
adjectiveBack to top
- Adhering to or based on the principles of communism: a French communist writerMore example sentences
- Few journalists covering prerevolutionary China can claim to be familiar with communist rebel life in the trenches.
- Ironically, the unchallenged primacy of the supreme leader is also the saving grace of communist ideology.
- Pristina was a stereotypical city built on communist architecture.
- More example sentences
- It seems you have a very communistic, socialist approach to resolving the issue.
- It entrenches what is somewhere between socialistic and communistic principles that have the state take more money than it needs, so it can equalise incomes.
- Both wanted a more communistic state and the overthrow of capitalism.