Definition of communize in English:
verb[with object] rare
Cause (a country or economic activity) to be organized on the principles of communism: the region was communized after World War II
More example sentences
- Whatever else happens, we must not stick to the ideas of communizing the South or absorbing the North.
- As long as the country is dreaming of communizing the entire peninsula, sanctions of any kind would not work well.
- The Soviet Union communized the region after World War II, and it has adopted liberal democracy in the last decade, at least in principle.
- Example sentences
- The trigger for this would be fear that communization of the South was a distinct possibility.
- Since Stalin had purged the Polish Communist Party in 1938, killing most of its leading members after luring them to the USSR, there were very few party members available to assist in the process of communization.
- It said the North has not moved away from the policy of ‘communization’ of the peninsula despite its recent attempts to reduce tensions.
Words that rhyme with communizedivinize • cognize
Definition of communize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.