- Regulate or reverse the direction of (an alternating electric current), especially to make it a direct current: (as adjective commutating) commutating coilsMore example sentences
- An electronically commutated motor has a stator with two winding phases.
- A main switching element is provided to turn ON and OFF an input voltage, and a synchronous commutating switching element is provided to perform synchronous commutation of a load current.
- The units provide sinusoidal commutated motor drive as well as field-oriented motor control.
late 19th century: from Latin commutat- 'changed altogether, exchanged, interchanged', from the verb commutare (see commute).
More definitions of commutateDefinition of commutate in:
- The US English dictionary