- A small plastic disc on which music or other digital information is stored in the form of a pattern of metal-coated pits from which it can be read using laser light reflected off the disc: [mass noun]: all the recordings have been reissued on compact discMore example sentences
- In the case of an audio compact disk, the sampling is done 44,100 times a second.
- A new compact disk featuring some great traditional entertainers was recently launched.
- The floppy disk has several replacements, including writeable compact discs and keychain flash memory devices.
More definitions of compact discDefinition of compact disc in:
- The US English dictionary