noun (plural compadres)• informal , chiefly US
- A way of addressing or referring to a friend or companion: if you lose this, I’ll have you dangling from the tallest tree, compadreMore example sentences
- Put those rumors to rest, my toon-loving compadre.
- Through a familiar process of chain migration, homeland relatives, neighbors, and friends joined compadres in specific Alabama towns and workplaces.
- I have been to the tax office at Constant Spring Road all too often, and I know that this is the Tax Office that most of my friends and compadres visit.
More definitions of compadreDefinition of compadre in:
- The US English dictionary