- A device that improves the signal-to-noise ratio of an electrical signal by compressing the range of amplitudes of the signal before transmission, and then expanding it on reproduction or reception.More example sentences
- To ensure noise measurements on digital carriers (PCM systems) are valid, a holding tone must be transmitted to operate the compander and quantizing circuitry in its normal operating range.
- High quality companders are used in studios, audio workstations, and other professional environments.
- There are several plug-ins that take advantage of the 32-bit mode, and companders for those that don't.
More definitions of companderDefinition of compander in:
- The US English dictionary