- A graduated circle printed on a map or chart from which bearings can be taken.More example sentences
- It is printed with a compass rose marking the eight standard directions, N, S, E, W, NE, NW, SE, SW.
- At the $8 tier, Sunrise will be spun off as a separate brand and replaced by Xplorador, crafted especially for the U.S. market and featuring a compass rose and map on the label to symbolize adventure.
- Above the sign was painted an ornate compass rose to indicate the necessary direction.
More definitions of compass roseDefinition of compass rose in:
- The US English dictionary