Definition of compassionate in English:
Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others: I allowed him to go home on compassionate grounds she tried to sound compassionate
More example sentences
- One of the lessons she tried to teach her son is to be compassionate and have a warm heart.
- I still have trouble understanding how you can be too tolerant or too compassionate.
- He is the kindest, most compassionate, humble and gentle soul I have ever met.
pitying, sympathetic, empathetic, understanding, caring, concerned, solicitous, sensitive, tender-hearted, soft-hearted, warm-hearted, warm, loving, tender, gentle, merciful, lenient, tolerant, considerate, thoughtful, kind, kindly, kind-hearted, humanitarian, humane, charitable, benevolent, good-natured, well disposed, big-hearted
- Example sentences
- Champions of individual liberty often believe even more firmly than critics in doing the right thing, including acting generously, compassionately, and helpfully - in the spirit of community.
- In the process, Nicholson actually transforms the unlikable Schmidt into a sympathetic and compassionately tragic character.
- When people have an instinctive belief that a crime will be investigated, prosecuted and punished swiftly, compassionately and impartially, it indicates that their country is or is becoming what we all want a nation to be.
Words that rhyme with compassionatepassionate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.