- (Of a witness) able to be made to attend court or give evidence.More example sentences
- He does not wish to attend court in England and is not a compellable witness.
- At the date of the appellant's trial he was a compellable witness for the defence and there is no reason to believe he was unavailable.
- There was no other way of eliciting this evidence because the maker of the statements was not a compellable witness for the co-defendant.
More definitions of compellableDefinition of compellable in:
- The US English dictionary