- 1A person who takes part in a sporting contest: two competitors were banned for taking drugsMore example sentences
- It goes without saying that, for a golf event to be contested fairly, every competitor must play off the same tees.
- Competition rules state that competitors must be 15 or over because of the nature of the water.
- He said there was plenty of interest from competitors keen to participate in the games.
- 1.1An organization or country engaged in commercial or economic competition with others: our main industrial competitorsMore example sentences
- ITV has one distinct selling point over most of its competitors in the commercial sector.
- Patents are often used by big companies to force competitors out of the market.
- A company could be right in the middle of its launch campaign when a competitor releases a rival product.