Definition of complaisant in English:
Willing to please others or to accept what they do or say without protest: he went to join his apparently complaisant wife for Christmas
More example sentences
- Strangely though, this doesn't come over as frosty or nihilistic, but harmless and complaisant.
- These ideas were encouraged by complaisant Western ‘development economists’ and by a dubious semantic innovation.
- But nothing seems to shift a complaisant populace.
- Example sentences
- If it became possible for shareholders to sue firms where those firms might reasonably have protected them from insider trading, corporate Australia's complaisance towards insider trading could take a healthy hit.
- And this has caused a mass unjustified complaisance.
- A rebellion of public opinion against such complaisance is possible but not certain.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia