Definition of complaisant in English:
Willing to please others or to accept what they do or say without protest: he went to join his apparently complaisant wife for Christmas
More example sentences
- Strangely though, this doesn't come over as frosty or nihilistic, but harmless and complaisant.
- These ideas were encouraged by complaisant Western ‘development economists’ and by a dubious semantic innovation.
- But nothing seems to shift a complaisant populace.
- Example sentences
- If it became possible for shareholders to sue firms where those firms might reasonably have protected them from insider trading, corporate Australia's complaisance towards insider trading could take a healthy hit.
- And this has caused a mass unjustified complaisance.
- A rebellion of public opinion against such complaisance is possible but not certain.