- A test for infection with a microorganism which involves measuring the amount of complement available in serum to bind with an antibody-antigen complex.More example sentences
- Influenza A and B antibodies were measured using the complement fixation test.
- Using a complement fixation test with an antigen derived from a freshly cultured strain of unencapsulated H influenzae, an investigation of 74 patients with chronic bronchitis showed no change in antibody levels during exacerbations.
- Other methods like immunoelectroosmophoresis and modified complement fixation test were developed, but they lacked sensitivity.
More definitions of complement fixation testDefinition of complement fixation test in:
- The US English dictionary