- There are a number of factors which complicate choices about smallpox either for governments or for individuals.
- The first factor complicating the fight against doping, he said, is the imperfect art of testing.
- One of the factors complicating the adjustment of the Hmong people has been English language acquisition.
- Pregnancy is not an absolute contraindication to travel unless complicated by an unstable medical condition or impending labor.
- Respiratory failure frequently complicates the condition of children who have sustained traumatic injury.
- Women with preterm delivery and pregnancies complicated by hemoglobinopathies, hypertension, or multiple gestation were excluded.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'combine, entangle, intertwine'): from Latin complicat- 'folded together', from the verb complicare, from com- 'together' + plicare 'to fold'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: com|pli|cate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.