- The higher values in D. simulans were mainly caused by the high sequence divergence of the ULRs of the composite elements.
- They tried to abandon elements of composite culture.
- Mochizuki's innovation was to develop a composite art, incorporating elements from all of the schools he had studied.
- Other materials, such as composite resins, also are gaining popularity.
- Since the plaster is a composite material using appropriate qualities of cement, sand and aggregate, the final material has a dull color.
- In another improvement, the new belt is manufactured from a composite leather material that looks like patent leather but is much stronger and does not develop creases like the current belt.
- Seven of these cars were composite, each carrying twenty first-class and fifty-eight second-class passengers.
- Positive integers greater than 1 that aren't prime are called composite integers.
- Positive integers other than primes, known as composite numbers, can be written as the product of smaller primes.
- These particular numbers have characteristics that make it relatively easy to check whether a candidate is either a prime number or a composite number.
- Members of the composite family are powerful attractors of beneficial insects, as well as bees and butterflies.
- If you're a good writer, all the characters should be composites and have the elements of different people.
- The true metals are actually elements, whereas the false metals are alloys - composites of elements.
- Each of the following examples is a composite of elements I have encountered in real-life situations.
- Others, such as asphalt/fiberglass composites, lightweight concrete, and coated-metal tile, are products of the technological revolution.
- Since the composites are man-made materials, they do not have the unexpected variation of granite or marble.
- Auxetic materials include metals, ceramic or polymer materials or composites.
- Those motions were composites drawn up from separate resolutions submitted by individual unions.
- The night before had seen the familiar backroom haggling over resolutions and composites, with the top table determined to tilt the playing field their way.
- A motion to be debated at the ASTI convention in Cork proposes all members should be balloted on whether to rejoin ICTU, in a composite of motions from seven branches, five in Munster.
- The plants sprouting now include grasses, clovers, dandelions, several types of thistle, mustards, and small composites.
- The vibrant herbaceous life had retreated underground, but the skeletons of rattlesnake master, asters, goldenrods and other composites remained among the grasses.
verb[with object] (usually as noun compositing)
- Often animated images are composited with live-action footage within a shot.
- When the lowest details settings are used, terrain textures are composited on the CPU rather than on the GPU, saving the graphics hardware for the rest of the scene, increasing performance.
- To avoid this give-away I decided that the final images would be digitally composited together in PSP by using its layering feature.
- Example sentences
- The concrete for each thrust block was placed compositely around a vertical steel frame, the top of which also is visible.
- Spanning the distance between the bents is a steel beam system built compositely with a structural concrete deck.
- It seems sensible to deal with the matter compositely.
- Example sentences
- This is not because they are negative in substance but because our minds first grasp composite things and only come to know simple things by denying compositeness of them.
- As a simple example of a certificate, the factors of a composite number provide a certificate of compositeness.
- This might create new patterns to study or new ways to view compositeness.
Late Middle English (describing a number having more than one digit): via French from Latin compositus, past participle of componere 'put together'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: com¦pos|ite
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.