- Since you are striving for something that is basically beyond your comprehension and ability, you cannot trust yourself to do all the right things to get you there.
- It is simply beyond a tourist's comprehension to understand why such ancient monuments, which do not require maintenance on a weekly basis, are closed once a week.
- When reading comprehension is assessed through writing, these difficulties are compounded.
- The comprehensions and the questions on them were lovely.
- She said the comprehensions at ordinary level were a bit difficult and the grammar was as hard as at higher level but the topics should have been of interest to students.
- The comprehensions were challenging but in the composition section the varied choice of essay titles in general satisfied the students.
Late Middle English: from French compréhension or Latin comprehensio(n-), from the verb comprehendere 'seize, comprise' (see comprehend).
Words that rhyme with comprehensionabstention, apprehension, ascension, attention, circumvention, condescension, contention, contravention, convention, declension, detention, dimension, dissension, extension, gentian, hypertension, hypotension, intention, intervention, invention, mention, misapprehension, obtention, pension, prehension, prevention, recension, retention, subvention, supervention, suspension, tension
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: com|pre¦hen|sion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.