- (Especially as a direction) with the use of a mute.More example sentences
- He specifies that the timpani be played con sordino in a section of the piece.
- There are emotional crescendos for sure, but as a whole it's a very restrained and sophisticated little score with a lot of careful writing for solo woodwinds and piano, backed up by warm strings con sordino.
- I want the piece played con sordino from beginning to end.
More definitions of con sordinoDefinition of con sordino in:
- The US English dictionary