Definition of conceivable in English:
Capable of being imagined or grasped mentally: a mass uprising was entirely conceivable in every conceivable way that action was entirely wrong the body was photographed from every conceivable angle
More example sentences
- Then it is argued that what is imaginable or conceivable is metaphysically possible.
- She was mentally running through every conceivable reason for her daughter not to make contact.
- There were countless volumes ranging over almost every subject imaginable and in little conceivable order.
- Example sentences
- Orr's criterion for possibility is conceivability.
- Descartes is indeed considering the view of possibility as conceivability, but in doing so he is merely acknowledging what ‘everyone commonly means’ by ‘possible’.
- Many evolutionary biologists are satisfied with a very undemanding form of ability or capacity-namely conceivability.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.