Definition of conceptual art in English:
Art in which the idea or concept presented by the artist is considered more important than the finished product, if any such exists.
- The 56-year-old artist creates paintings, sculptures and conceptual art, but he is foremost an installation artist.
- Artists were engaged in such varied practices as minimalism, Earthworks, Photo-realism, conceptual art, performance art, and feminist art.
- Gillette's method for producing the images combines elements of drawing, digital art, conceptual art and performance.
conceptual artist noun
- Example sentences
- Three major installations by conceptual artist Antonio Muntadas are on view in this show.
- An experimental filmmaker, Lye was also regarded as New Zealand's first self-consciously conceptual artist.
- Dusseldorf is still the stronghold of West German artists, the abstract and conceptual artists for whom portrait and allegory belongs in the 19th century.
Definition of conceptual art in:
- US English dictionary